Energy Performance Certificates

Starting with January 1, 2011, if you SELL, RENT or want to thermally REHABILITATE your home, you need an energy certificate. This legal provision is also valid for new constructions for which the RECEPTION has not yet been carried out at the end of the works by the local authorities. If you want to sell a house, rent or register a new building, you can't do it without this certificate !!!

You are probably already familiar with the notion of "Energy Classes". You can see them on any refrigerator, washing machine or other household appliances. Like these, a building can fall into one energy class or another, depending on its "performance."

In other words, the energy class is a "grade" given to the building according to its ability to save energy.

Energy performance refers to everything that involves a good functioning of the building: thermal heating of the rooms, heating of the water for consumption, cooling, ventilation, lighting or any other utilities.

The Energy Certificate certifies how efficient or not a building is in the consumption of resources - fuel, electricity, thermal energy - in order to provide the optimal operating conditions.

Even if you are not going to sell, rent or have a new building, the Energy Certificate can be extremely useful. You can get a clear idea of ​​how much you spend on building maintenance and especially, through the recommendations that accompany this certificate, find out what you should do to reduce these costs and increase your comfort with minimal expenses.

When establishing the energy class, the most diverse criteria are taken into account: the thickness of the walls, the type of masonry, the type of roof, the condition of the basement, the condition of the heating columns, the performance of the heating or ventilation system. All this information is obtained by on-site research, from specific documents or, in their absence, from information from the owner or by specific measurements.

Energy class A involves a consumption of less than 125 kwh / m2 / year, energy consumed to ensure optimal conditions - temperature, lighting, hot water. On the other hand, the energy class G implies a consumption of over 820 Kwh / m2 / year.

Most buildings in Romania currently fall into class C or D. Even new buildings, most of them, do not fall into class A, unless they have been specially designed and built for this purpose.

View here the price list for energy certificates.