Reflectorless method was developed by Total Survey Company. Throughout this new method of executing measurement within monitoring projects of tracking the behavior in time of buildings and land, it is completely eliminated the need to materialization of object points. The method offers the possibility of a total automation of the measurement, statistical analysis of the monitored parameters and providing information.
DETECT calculation program
The program can only be accessed through Internet browsers without installing other programs in advance. In order to use the program, computers must have a minimal configuration so as to allow access to the Internet and use of Internet browsers.
The program allows the determination and analysis of stability for the following parameters:
- Variation of plane distances
- Variation of spatial distances
- Flat displacements determined in a certain direction
- Flat displacements corrected with the discretization correction determined in a certain direction
- Vertical displacements
- Vertical displacements corrected with discretization correction
The advantages of the “reflectorless” method (as compared to the classical methods)
The reflectorless monitoring method presented has many advantages over the classical method:
- The monitored points are not materialized on the body of the studied object.
- Complete elimination of manual targeting / scoring . Measurements can be made with slope angles of up to 90 degrees.
- Measurements can be collected semi-automatically or even fully automated (by scanning) without the use of monitoring prisms.
- Higher data collection speed compared to the classical method.
- Lower costs for materializing the points of the geodesic network by eliminating the materialization of the object points.
- Lower costs for measurements due to the use of automatic or semi-automatic data collection method.
- Simplified and faster algorithms for detecting displacements or variations of plane and vertical distances.
- In case of using the reflectorless real-time monitoring method we can have the values and statistical tests of the parameters monitored immediately after the measurement to each point. In the classic case of real-time monitoring, the results are only available after the entire measurement cycle has been performed.
- The compensation calculations of the geodetic network are completely eliminated and it is necessary to provide only the same datum between different measurement slices.
- The configuration of the object points can be changed between the measurement slices without complicating the algorithms of calculation and statistical testing of the monitored parameters.
- In the case of determining the displacements by applying the discretization correction the station points do not have to be materialized.
TRIFAN, A : Practical verification of the reflectorless method for determining the displacements of constructions and land, Scientific Bulletin no.2, Technical University of Constructions Bucharest, 2014
TRIFAN, A : Monitoring behavior in time of constructions using reflectorless technology, Geomat 2013 – Scientific Conference with International Participation, “Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University of Iasi, 2013